Carnaza Island is a 173.5-hectare (429-acre) turtle-shaped island located north of the mainland Cebu in the Philippines. The island is bordered on all sides by the Visayan Sea, and is part of Daanbantayan, Cebu.
The natural arrange island’s includes coastal plains, mangrove swamps, lagoons and semi-rounded hills.
Within the small island are the sitios of Candionesio, Carnaza, Daanbaryo, Linao, Liog‑liog and Pantao.
How to Get Carnaza Island Daanbantayan Cebu
From Cebu North Bus Terminal and ride the bus bound for Maya-Bagay or ask the conductor around the bus terminal and tell them to drop you at Tapilon Port. Travel time is around 4 hours (airconditioned bus). Take the first trip if you’ll be only doing day tour in Carnaza Island.
From Tapilon Port, ride a boat going to Carnaza Island. First trip is at 7am-10am. When you got there its low-tide, so the first trip will be at 10am and departs by 1pm. you can rent a boat if you only doing a day tour about ₱7,000 roundtrip it can carry around 25-30 people. Tapilon Port to Carnaza Island travel time is 2 hours.
The boat rental services also include stops to La Manok Island and other interesting places to visit on the island.
– The more friends, the cheaper you have to pay for the boat ride.
– Bring food and drinks
– Bring powerbank and extra batteries
– Leave no trace
Rates at Carnaza Island Daanbantayan Cebu
• Entrance fee: ₱200 per head
• Tent: Regular Season – ₱100(Offered by the Staff of Carnaza Eco Park). Peak Season – P300(These are the tents offered by the none staff of Carnaza Eco Park)
• Room Rates: ₱200 per night, good for 2pax.
– There are 20 standard rooms (woodshed) of the same size and type. You may bring your own camping tents as well.
– There aren’t a lot of food stalls on Carnaza Island, so make sure to bring your own food and drinks.
Carnaza Eco Park
• For overnights: Walk-ins are welcome, it’s recommended to make a booking first.
WHERE TO STAY at Carnaza Island Daanbantayan Cebu
There is only one resort on the island and that is the Carnaza Eco Park (owned by Osmeña). It’s advisable to book earlier. You can also pitch a tent if you have one. Also, since locals are offer their houses or rooms for travelers to stay and often costs 200Php/night.
ACTIVITIES Carnaza Island Daanbantayan Cebu
Caves to be explored, a swamp, a lake (sort of), a pristine forest, a twin beach and a runway.